Friday, April 8, 2011

School Post: New Show Formats

For this week's school post, I was instructed to highlight a new, innovative fashion show format. Although I'm late commenting on the hype of the latest Mugler (formally Thierry Mugler) menswear collection as it has already swept into popularity through the blogosphere, I can't think of a more alarming addition to fashion week than sending a zombie down the runway.
Nicola Formichetti, Creative Director of Mugler and famously the genius stylist to Lady Gaga, released his new fall men's collection title Anatomy of Change, featuring Rick "Rico" Genest as the design house's muse. Rico, now infamous for his shocking full-body tattoos including a skeletal structure and exposed brain brought next level dark drama, controversy, beauty, and seduction to the world renowned label. 
See the video below for Rico's fashion week debut:

3 comments:

  1. This actually made my stomach turn in class when our professor showed us this! It's definitely a new and innovative way to show off fashion. I don't know how I personally feel about it but it will definitely draw in a particular group of people! And it doesn't surprise me that this is Lady Gaga's stylist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore rick genest so much <3

    ReplyDelete