Monday, February 14, 2011

School Post #2: Key Item for Spring 2012

Finding one key item for spring 2012 was a challenge. After reviewing several forecasting services and scouring the pages of style.com, I found myself lusting over the latest maxi dresses, double-breasted blazers, crop tops, tap shorts, and anything high-waisted. 

However, the one staple item that surprised me on the runways that I know I could not live without is the 70s inspired 3/4 sleeve knit top. Snore? Far from. The adorable lightweight 3/4 sleeve knits at Sonia Rykiel were the perfect compilation of 70s sportswear and effortless feminine glamour.

Yarn dyed stripes and color blocking update a style that has been a staple for over 40 years. The same trend was evident on other Spring 2011 runways including Paul Smith, Peter Som, and DKNY with 3/4 knits in muted oranges, rusty neutrals, candy pinks, and saturated red hues. 
Source: Style.com
Scoop, boat, or crew necks create a flattering minimalist design detail with clean necklines and simple silhouettes. Paired with the season's latest knee-length skirt or walking shorts, these tops are perfection for Spring 2012 and will undoubtedly become a staple in your wardrobe! Thoughts?

10 comments:

  1. your blog is amazing!!

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the jodphur style leggings and the rust colours :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW..GREAT POST
    WWIN A LANVIN DRESS ON http://risopatateborchie.blogspot.com/2011/02/give-away-lanvin.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely key.

    Sonia Rykiel is always fun every season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the fun vibe of Sonia Rykiel, but I'm not a big fan of the Breton stripe, actually! I think the Peter Som pic here is awesome. Btw, a question: the links in your blogroll, are those blogs exchanging links with you or are they just your faves? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously seriously obsessed with anything and everything Sonia Rykiel. Those stripes? I die. I'm thinking we need to go vintage shopping or something and try to recreate!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gotta get me some of that!! LOVE

    Corinne xo
    http://corinnemonique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for stripes and shorts! Loving how you *have* to blog for school or you'll fail!! Hahaha too funny/awesome. I wish I had a class like that! Hope you're well-- I want to see the new Halston asap! xx

    ReplyDelete